Your wedding day is one of the most important milestones in life. Some brides choose to plan their wedding on their own. They like being involved in designing the decor and planning the details of their big day. They have carefully selected their venue and booked their vendors, but as the big day approaches time is getting more and more sparse with many unexpected tasks they find hard to accomplish, as life requires attention as well. This is where a Day Of Coordinator would step in to give order and peace of mind.
The Day-of Coordinator is actually a month of coordinator, as their contract usually starts 4 to 6 weeks before the wedding day. Here are some of the tasks your Day-of Coordinator will handle:
1. She Would Contact All the Vendors That the Couple Have Booked and Create a Timeline Where Everyone is on the Same Page, Ensuring That the Wedding Day Goes without a Hitch. She Would Go over the Vendor Contracts and Sometimes Catch Discrepancies That the Couple May Have Not Thought of
2. She Would Be There for Crisis Management and to Take Care of Details during the Last Month of Planning
3. She Would Be Present at Your Rehearsal and Organize Last Minute Details That You or the Other Vendors Might Have Overlooked
4. She Will Be Your Diligent Eyes on Whether You Guests with Special Dietary Requirements Are Taken Care of Accordingly by the Food Service Provider
5. She Will Be Making Sure the Timeline is Followed, and Everyone Involved Knows What They Are Supposed to do at the Ceremony and at the Reception
6. She Will Also Assist with Last Minute Tasks (decor, Directions, and Others)
7. She Will Coordinate the after-event Activities That Need to Take Place - Such as Liaise with Vendors on Take down and Pick up of Decor, on Collecting and Donating the Fresh Flowers, and Other Related Tasks
Even if you are a do-it-yourself bride, getting a wedding day-of coordinator will relieve (or completely eliminate) the stress on this very important day. Having a care-free wedding day is what ultimately every bride wants. And although you might consider a relative or a friend for the job, it is a really a big favor to ask, as this will take them away from enjoying the wedding themselves. A day-of coordinator has experience in managing the responsibilities of handling a successful event. She knows where things might go off track and this skill alone will give you the peace of mind you need to enjoy the most amazing day of your life.