Being a bridesmaid is an honor, truly … but it can also be frustrating. Financially draining. Full of drama. See, the thing is, being a bridesmaid can also kind of be a pain in the ass. Each experience depends on any number of things, of course – the bride herself, your relationship with her, your own personality, the theme, style, and venue of the wedding … the list goes on and on. The point is, bridesmaids go through a lot. It's a good thing they rarely discuss the things they're secretly thinking, though, otherwise their days as a bridesmaid would probably be numbered.
1. “I Wonder How Much This is Going to Cost Me.”
Weddings are expensive for almost everyone involved – except the vendors, of course, they make mad bank. Most of the financial burden falls to the bride and groom, but things get expensive for the bridesmaids, too, especially the maid of honor.
2. “is She Going to Pick a Horrible Dress?”
This is actually probably the first thing that runs through your mind when your bestie or your sister or someone else close to you asks you to be a bridesmaid.
3. “Are the Groomsmen Going to Be Cute?”
You're always so hopeful … and those hopes almost always get dashed. Almost. Not always, though. Anybody have any good groomsmen stories?
4. “I Wonder Who the Other Bridesmaids Are Going to Be.”
This is kind of exciting, though – you kind of hope to end up with a group of awesome misfits so you can basically reenact Bridesmaids.
5. “Seriously, the Dress Better Be Cute.”
No, seriously. It better be.
6. “I Should Start Pinning Ideas!”
This is so fun because it requires such little effort, yet it's the perfect procrastination tool. Have a deadline? Too bad, you're pinning – there's a wedding at stake here!
7. “Where is the Bachelorette Party Going to Be?”
And who's in charge of planning it, hmmm?
8. “How Much Will Makeup and Hair Cost?”
See? The money starts adding up pretty quickly.
9. “She Wants Me to do What with My Hair?”
Sometimes, the hairstyles and makeup looks are worse than the stereotypical bridesmaid dress. So much worse.
10. “She Better Have an Open Bar.”
After all the heartache and drama the bridesmaids put up with, they definitely deserve an open bar, right?
11. “This is Going to Cost Me How Much?”
As you can see, many bridesmaids secretly think about money. A lot. Can you blame them? Repeat: weddings are EXPENSIVE.
12. “Wait, I Have to Buy a Gift and Throw the Wedding Party?”
Do what now? Says who, Emily Post?
13. “I Have a Buy a Gift for the Wedding Too?”
So many gifts! So many responsibilities! So much money!
14. “All the Pictures!”
You will like approximately two out of the 600,000 photos taken during the big day.
15. “She is Forcing Us to do What Pose?”
This will be one of the remaining photos that you absolutely hate. It's okay, though, because no matter what the pose, the bride herself will likely look stunning.
16. “My Feet Are Killing Me in These Shoes.”
This is why the happy couple should at least make sure to supply slippers or flip flops.
17. “I Hope I Don't Trip Going down the Aisle.”
Every wedding. Every bridesmaid. Every time.
Have you ever been a bridesmaid? Share your best stories – especially if they involve a bridezilla!